2 x Benq SW271 - Palette Master gives odd colours, i1 Profiler doesn't

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lee Wilkinson New Member • Posts: 2
2 x Benq SW271 - Palette Master gives odd colours, i1 Profiler doesn't

Hi folks,

I've had a search but whilst I've found lots of useful info about calibration I've not found anything relating to my current problem (apologies if wrong forum)...

Have just installed 2 x Ben SW271 and tried calibrating both using the latest Palette Master software downloaded from Benq website with my i1 Display Pro.

All profiling done using identical target settings and manually adjusting controls (also tried via ADC) saved to 'Calibration 1' on each monitor. (Large palette, 16 bit - both monitors connected via USB3 to the Mac Pro)

The resulting profiles set correctly against each of the two monitors give subtle, but most definitely visible differences in colour balance. Using Lightroom main panel on one monitor and the second loupe output displayed on the other - one monitor shows mid greys as noticeably lighter and more green than the other.

However when calibrating both using the i1 Profiler software and saving the settings to 'Custom 1' on the monitors, I can see no visible difference in the two screens - exactly what is aimed for!

I know the short answer will be "just stick with i1 Profiler profiles then" but given that the Palette Master is supposedly a better option being able to directly write to the monitors LUTs, should this not be the preferred and better option and give a more accurate and consistent result across both screens? Just wondering what could be causing this?

Any advice appreciated - not new to calibration but certainly no expert either

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow