* The Weekly Image Thread 19 11 18 #392 *

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
Craig from Nevada
Craig from Nevada Veteran Member • Posts: 6,262
Re: More From The Railroad Museum

It was a great experience to view and photograph the trains out in the sun.  The lighting inside the train shed is brutal.

The museum had a photographer on hand to help get the trains positioned to make the most of the light and scenery.   They did a few runs with each train to give the participants a chance to photograph the trains from different positions in both the daylight and evening.  They had people dressed in period costumes in the evening and the many volunteers on hand to run the trains.  A nice experience for a premium price of $150.   Works out to about $25/hour for each of the 25 participants.  Well worth it to me.

I would like to the experience again at the railroad museums at Boulder City and Ely, Nevada.  Maybe next year.

19andrew47 wrote:

Those are all great Craig! Must be a treat to be there in the sun with those great old trains in action. When we did the Alaskan Cruise thirteen years ago I wanted to take the White Pass & Yukon train excursion but our ship did not stop in the right port for that. They have an excursion that uses an old steam train (premium pricing) but that is a storied narrow gauge railroad. Weather there is a bit of a crap shoot though so one might pay the premium for a ride in the rain.

Andrew

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow