Sadhu in Varanasi images - 56/1.2 & 35/1.4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Kees1948 Forum Member • Posts: 69
Re: Organised photo shoot business/pics for money etc.

Deed, I have done that Maehongson - Pai CM loop several times, but in a car, never on a bike, sounds you have an adventurous streak...
Re travel in Laos, if you would start from the North, Chiang Khong bridge, and have never driven a bike in Laos before, do some reading and preparation. You may already know but if not, go to https://www.thegtrider.com/, David is a mine of info on northern Thailand as well as Laos.
I lived in Laos for four years and travelled there extensively over about 20 years, mostly by car but also by bike (600cc Yamaha trail bike).
Things changed a lot in the past few years. The main roads in from Chiang Khong to Luang Prabang via Luang Namtha are good, but choked with huge 22 wheel Chinese truck, who are totally reckless, overtaking each other on blind corners, oblivious to any risks to themselves or other road users, easy for a biker to become mincemeat. One a trip from Luang Prabang to Vientiane a few days ago, I saw two of those huge 22 wheel rigs lying on their side at a bend in the road, within an hour of each other.
Minor roads will be worse surface, often unsealed, but much lower traffic.
Sorry for the off topic post, but I was sufficiently shaken by my recent road experience that I thought it warranted posting it.
Have fun and show us the photos....

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow