Update on BH Photo refund issue - resolved

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner Forum Pro • Posts: 20,573
Update on BH Photo refund issue - resolved

Sorry to re-open this issue, but the original thread is locked, but I did want to provide closure for everyone - calling this morning has seemed to yield much better results.

Now, the chargeback they claimed had stopped my order seems to be gone.  They couldn't explain where the chargeback had come from, as it was not from my line of credit...

They are also refunding me the extra money I was charged for shipping., an unexpected pleasantry I didn't have to fight for, that is more in line with how I thought of BH customer service.

My takeaways:

1) Original mysterious issue of phantom chargeback seems to not have been addressed, so I still think there's some strange link issue between BH Photo and their own bank.

2) I am pretty sure that some aspect of communications here, or an email to the BH Photo rep someone kindly pointed me to has led to this vast difference in results between results I was seeing last week and today.  Last Thursday they were going to look into the issue to see why a refund would be issued and they could not do it over the course of 24 hours; today in about a minute or two the issue is gone and a refund planned to be issued. That is exactly how much time a refund should take., and has usually taken for products I've had refunds for from various companies once received.

3) My belief that chargebacks are a tool of last result remains firm, when communication can (eventually) clear up issues it is a much better route for all involved.

4) Even though this has been pretty exasperating, I probably would use BH Photo again, but probably not for on-location shipping.

Forum admins, if you wish to lock this post right away I don't blame you.  :-).  I just didn't feel right not letting people know how it turned out.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow