Does DPR have a disconnect with photographers ?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Max Iso
Max Iso Senior Member • Posts: 7,993
Does DPR have a disconnect with photographers ?

So i was doing some shopping, looking to replace my Olympus 75 with something Panny made (if i can). Now and then when im browsing gear i like to just look at prices of bodies from all brands. I like to keep my finger on the pulse of the industry so to speak. I also like to keep an eye out for really good bargains in case others here might be interested.

While browsing Adorama (they seem to have the best prices used) i noticed something, there are over 40 used copies of the fairly new A7RIV. This struck me as odd, DPR gave it a glowing review, gold award at 91%, not many cameras score that high, no MFT that i know of at all. Most of the Adorama listings are D rated, which means little or no signs of wear, so they were not display units or anything but the buyers didn't keep them for long.

So how in the heck could that many people be unhappy with a camera that DPR rated so well? And in contrast, so many other cameras that people here use and love, get much much lower scores from DPR. Is this a case of DPR loves the techy cameras so much more than the paying public? Is there some other explanation?

Just wondering what you guys think, i just found it odd that such a highly touted camera that's still so new would have so many people unloading them. Did the landscape photographers not get the memo it's the best camera for landscapes?

-- hide signature --

"Burning, burning, faster, faster are your revolutionists,
If I could collapse the masses,
We'd be free to grow our wings" -

Max Iso's gear list:Max Iso's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow