Canon 5diii exposure compensation in auto iso on manual setting?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
IDP New Member • Posts: 11
Canon 5diii exposure compensation in auto iso on manual setting?

Hi.

I have a Canon 5D Mark iii and a 5D Mark iv which I shoot for weddings. I note the 5Div enables me to select auto iso in Manual where I can increase the exposure compensation whilst in this setting. Where the 5Diii only allows for exposure bracketing in manual mode and auto iso, but not exposure compensation.

I asked Canon (Australia) if they can provide an updated firmware to allow this exposure compensation function in manual and auto iso setting on the 5Diii, but they responded by saying that they can not comment on firmware update requests, and suggested that I keep an eye on the updated firmware as they become available.

Has anybody else have a use for this functionality and if so has requested for a firmware update on the 5Diii to enable this function through Canon?

What are chances of Canon updating the firmware on the 5Diii to enable this function?

Thank you

IDP's gear list:IDP's gear list
Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow