Last colours of Autumn.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP absquatulate Forum Pro • Posts: 10,940
Re: Last colours of Autumn.

larryj wrote:

Beautiful and color rich set of images, thanks for sharing I think this subject is a perfect match to the color capture values in the sd Quattro! Which lens did you use?

Thanks Larry, they were all taken with the Sigma 17-50mm F2.8. It's not a perfect lens, it suffers from green flare and can vary on the edges. AF is also a bit pedestrian on the SDQ. That being said, it's very sharp and if you stick it on a tripod and manually focus it becomes an excellent lens with a nice range. Much as I'd like to have the Sigma 18-35mm it's range is too limiting for me and I don't need the faster maximum aperture. The good thing about shooting on the SDQ is that it has nice leeway for cropping the sides if necessary and I often shoot 1:1 aspect ratio anyway. I also use the Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG APO Macro , it has an annoying rotating front element and you can't auto-focus it on the SDQ, but it is an excellent lens, which is cheap as chips, and on a tripod it performs way above it's price point. It's my F11 and be there telephoto option.

absquatulate's gear list:absquatulate's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Coolpix P7800 Sigma sd Quattro Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow