Dropped gx8 + oly 9-18 onto concrete !

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Adrian Harris
Adrian Harris Veteran Member • Posts: 5,462
Dropped gx8 + oly 9-18 onto concrete !

Yesterday working with 2 cameras I stupidly managed to drop my Panasonic GX8 with the Olympus 9-18 wide angle lens attached onto hard concrete from standing height. It was a really solid sickening thud, and the photographers around all looked in horror.

I froze as someone picked it up and handed it to me, nervously I switched it on - and guess what, - all still works perfectly including the lens optics and camera stabilisation

Thank goodness I didn't have the 12-35pro on at that moment!

How did I manage to drop it ... Working with 2 cameras at a hectic Roller Derby event, swapping lenses and cameras, I had previously held the camera very low and didn't remember that the GX8 camera strap was no longer around my neck anymore as I swapped back to the em1-mk2.

What an idiot, I certainly learned an embarrassing if not expensive lesson and feel very fortunate that the GX8 is built so tough.

PS. I still can't believe that it works OK !!!

-- hide signature --
 Adrian Harris's gear list:Adrian Harris's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow