What lenses should I carry to Thailand with Nikon D7200

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Craig Gillette Forum Pro • Posts: 10,120
Re: What lenses should I carry to Thailand with Nikon D7200

While I'd like to suggest the 16-80 and 12-24 and be done with it, I wonder about a fast prime as well.  But not the 50 or 85s. Not wide  enough, for me, for interiors, 'scapes, etc.  OTOH, if into people/portraiture, they may be ideal. The 12-24 for interiors?  Might you need a faster lens?  Maybe technique and higher isos will be enough?

I had and liked the range of the 18-140 for my D7200 but my copy just was disappointing.  I like the 18-135 with my A6400 now.  I tend to think 80mm is a tad too short for my general travel use.

But it's easy for us to revise your whole kit and load you up with kit that covers everything.  And is too heavy and/or bulky to be comfortable to deal with.

Folks will suggest you can stitch for wide, maybe if used to doing that, not sure if you are interested in prepping for that so you can get results in the time you have available.  OTOH, there isn't a lot of substitute for focal length when it comes to long shots, isolating details, etc.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow