90D: How to change setting to start video using shutter release button?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Casey Cheung Senior Member • Posts: 1,420
Re: 90D: How to change setting to start video using shutter release button?

Deruch0331 wrote:

I don't believe you can re-a-sign the start/stop function to the shutter release button on the 90D. Good news is you can use the cheap Remote Control RC-6 to start and stop video.

You can get a copy of the RC-6 off of Amazon for very little money and then you can use it for video by following these directions for the remote.

http://www.eos-magazine.com/articles/remotes/canonrc6.html

Thank you for your reply. But no way, you serious? On my Canon M50, I'm able to re-assign the tiny red video record button to the primary shutter release button to start/stop videos for shooting selfie videos. So I thought it must be possible to do the same on the 90D body.

Well, I'm guessing you must be correct, cuz I just spent the past hour pouring through the 600 page manual and couldn't find anything for re-assigning the "Start Stop" button. So I figured out how to improvise by cradling the 90D on my left palm, then using my left middle finger to press the Start/Stop button on the back of the body. Can anyone else think of a better method while handholding?

Also, thanks for your suggestion on using a remote controller. I already have the Canon BR-E1 remote control for my M50 camera, which works great. Looks like I'll be using the same BR-E1 remote for my 90D now!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow