Question on my 70-200mm f2.8 gm

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
imperial
imperial Forum Member • Posts: 79
Question on my 70-200mm f2.8 gm

I've purchased this lens 2 months ago and wasn't only recently that I've got it out to use it. I have rented this lens out before and was blown away by its sharpness when i bought it to Japan during last winter. The current one i have hasn't been had its firmware update yet, but I checked it was mainly concerned about contrast and auto focus issues.

Well after testing it out and loading the pictures to my computer I was surprised how not sharp the photo's were. Be as it may, the previous rented lens were used mostly at street level, but this time I used it for landscape and it was not even close to being sharp which is giving me great concern. Were there known issue of this out there? Were there defected ones?

I'm going to update it first and bring it out tomorrow to test the lens out. If the results coming back were the same than I'll probably think about bringing it back to Sony.

Any past experience of heard or seen article about this as i have already tried googling it will be much appreciated.

imperial's gear list:imperial's gear list
Sony a7R III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Sigma 24-35mm F2 DG HSM Art
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow