Issues with TG-1 / deciding whether to buy TG-6

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kmrunner Forum Member • Posts: 69
Issues with TG-1 / deciding whether to buy TG-6

Hello... I have an Olympus Tough TG-1 that I purchased in 2013 specifically to use for underwater photos when vacationing in Hawaii.  I was able to get some great underwater shots while snorkeling; however, all of the topside photos I took AFTER using the camera underwater had a haze or fog over them.  Since I had decided to take only this camera on my vacation, my underwater shots were nice but everything else was wasted effort.

I am now planning my first trip to French Polynesia in spring 2020 and I would like to take an underwater camera with me.  I see the Tough TG-6 gets great reviews, but I am hesitant to buy one based on my experience with the TG-1.  I will definitely take a second camera with me - likely my Nikon D7100, or I might purchase a mirrorless camera to save space when travelling and to use for street photography.

I'm sure there are significant improvements from the TG-1 to the TG-6 but I guess I'm a bit nervous about buying another "Tough" camera.  Am I being overly cautious?  If you have the TG-6, have you had any issues with foggy photos?  Anything else I should be aware of as I decide whether to purchase this camera?

Thanks very much.

kmrunner's gear list:kmrunner's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow