Considering a Z6 setup (currently have Fuji X-T3)

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jrscls Veteran Member • Posts: 6,292
Considering a Z6 setup (currently have Fuji X-T3)

I was a long time Canon/Nikon user to shoot portraits, travel, family and occasional events. I went from a Nikon D750 to Fuji for the last for years. While I like the Fuji kit, I am drawn to the Nikon Z6 as I like the image quality I'm seeing from their new line of lenses and would like to get back to full frame. I don't mind the one card slot and I rarely do action, but I would like to use eye AF for portraits.

I'm considering the following kit-

Nikon Z6 with 24-70 f/4 S (general use, walkaround)

35mm f/1.8 S (probably live on my camera)

85mm f/1.8 S (portraits)

AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E with FTZ adapter (occasional telephoto use, backyard garden, birds in feeder, etc.)

Godox V860II N flash and XPro N (to go with current flash lineup)

How does the 35 / 85 S lenses stack up to the Fuji 23 f/1.4 and 56 f/1.2 that I use now? Anyone make the switch? I also have a Fuji 80mm and 100-400, but they are rather heavy and sort of overkill since I don't really need 1:1 or extreme telephoto.

jrscls's gear list:jrscls's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8
Nikon D750 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
e61
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow