P1000 Manual video focus

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CAADET
CAADET Forum Member • Posts: 62
P1000 Manual video focus

I have an issue I'm hoping someone could help with.

This past weekend I took the camera out to record some field shows.

The camera was set to manual recording mode with the dial switch. Focus at the widest lens setting was done with AF. Aperture set to F2.8, shutter at 1/640. ISO is around 400. The sensor is a tad under 0 exposure at maybe -0.3 stop. I cannot get it better. The picture looks ok in the EVF.

The final raw video was not ok. It was blurry and I could not see any sharpness. Very muddy video compared to my Sony A7R3 and Nikon Z7, the picture, while all cameras are set in 4K/30, the P1000 is no match. Theres plenty of light as the stadium was lit up.

So a few thoughts I have..

1) I did not have my camera set correctly. Something I can do to refine it further. AS someone else posted, the manual video mode provides no means of manual focus.

2) I'm trying to achieve something the 2/3 sensor cannot. Due to this the resolving power for 4K is not true 1:1.

Unfortunately I think I know what the answer is (2) but like to know if theres anything I can try. The wide to zooming is very convenient for a field show and closeups.

Reason why I called the thread "focus" is because the resulting video looks as that - unfocussed.

CAADET's gear list:CAADET's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon D200 Nikon D810 Sony a7R III +8 more
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow