Third party lenses for Canon RF mount?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Klaus dk
Klaus dk Veteran Member • Posts: 6,820
Third party lenses for Canon RF mount?

How long will it take before the big Japanese third party lens manufaturers (Sigma, Tamron, Tokina) begin releasing lenses for the RF mount?

I've been happy with my Sigma EF-S lenses and would appreciate to see less expensive RF lenses available.

And can we expect them to work with functionality similar to Canon's own RF lenses?

Has licensing the RF mount protocol been on the table (officialy or unofficialy).

I understand that the RF mount is electronically and digitally more advanced, but it appears that on sensor DPAF should mitigate the problems with front- or back focusing seen on DSLRs?

The few third party lenses released in RF mount until now are rumoured to be EF-lenses electronically even if they optically are designed for a shorter flange distance. I know next to nothing about this, but would love to hear from someone more in the know.

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS R Canon EF 135mm F2.8 SF Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +15 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow