cellphone main camera to take selfies style images...technical question

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
logicallycompromsied New Member • Posts: 1
cellphone main camera to take selfies style images...technical question

hello good sirs and misses the mouth breathing admins over on reddit have censored this thread twice despite being a technique discussion. hopefully this forum has the resources to help me as well.

the application is taking fishing images with high consideration to limit the stress to the animal; not placing the fish on the ground and keeping it in and just above the surface of the water for all but 10 seconds for the compositions. this places the camera operator on the same side as the fov and solutions are not forthcoming. current solution it to use front facing video feature to frame the shot and then pulling the individual frames from video which best reflect the specimens; here is an example

images pulled from front facing videos...we want to improve these by utilizing main camera sensors but framing becomes difficult in a time sensitive environment.

although i know these images are good providing the circumstances i owe it to the fish to capture more of the their beauty by using the higher resolution with lower f stop of the main camera.

are there remotes one can use for controlling cellphone captures? if so, i imagine i can hold this in my hand and if small enough can be hidden by the fishes body.

does using some mirrors in combination with remote shutter sound reasonable?

are there any other details which would help you offer any advice?

thank you for your time, live long and prosper!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow