Upgrading to Canon 90D from 60D - battery, video, low light photo

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Istvan Szucs New Member • Posts: 4
Upgrading to Canon 90D from 60D - battery, video, low light photo

Hi all,

I have a Canon 60D and am considering getting a new camera in the next six months.
These days I mostly take pictures and video of family and sites I visit as a tourist.

The improved capabilities of 90D compared to my 60D that seem appealing are the following. Can someone please comment if it will meet my expectations, or if the 90D is indeed the best solution to my current issues?

1) Often I take photos in low light conditions without flash, and while the pictures seem OK on the 1MP display, they come out blurry. This even happens with the max ISO setting 12800. Would the 90D at 25600 ISO be noisier than the 60D at 12800?

2) I don't have a video camera, and I wouldn't want to carry two things with me, but taking a video of a moving subject on the 60D with AF is horrible. I understand that technology has changed when 70D was introduced. Is the experience of shooting a video with the 90D up to par taking video with a camcorder, in terms of reliability and smoothness of AF? Should I go to 90D or is 80D for example just as good?

3) I like to keep a spare battery with me and my batteries for 60D are still pretty good. Will I be able to use them as a backup with the 90D?

4) I have an android phone, and the capability of taking pictures of family get-togethers using my phone as a remote control and verifying the pictures on the screen of the phone look appealing (the display is much too small). Has anyone used this feature? Does this work as expected? Do I get the just taken picture easily and quickly on the phone at full (or at least a good) resolution?
5) Is there a simple way of adding geocoordinates to the pictures taken on the camera, based on the smartphone's geolocation, in the app or otherwise?

Thanks,
Istvan

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow