Standard zoom for A7R III

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TerryV81 Junior Member • Posts: 41
Standard zoom for A7R III

Hello,

I'm looking for a standard zoom for a A7R III. After reading a lot of things here I'm still hesitating between a Sony 24-105 f4, a Tamron 28-75 f2.8 and waiting for the new Sigma 24-70 f2.8.

The most interesting focal range would be the Sony of course and I've read a lot of good things about it BUT I must say I'm not convinced when looking at samples on flickr albums. IMHO the samples of the Tamron look much better. I know I'm going to miss the 24mm range so I could simply wait for the Sigma but it's also going to be much heavier and bigger. The decision is therefore difficult to make.

I'm planning to use this new zoom in my next travels (I travel every six weeks). I will also have a Panasonic G9 with me, Olympus 7-14 f2.8 pro and Panasonic 50-200 f2.8-4.

My ideal setup in a few months would be two cameras with only two lenses. I'm waiting for the new Tamron 70-180 f2.8 to do this, pairing it with a 16-35 f2.8 on two A7R III.

What do you guys think?

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow