Custom WB Issue Sony a7 III (for video)

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jonpais
jonpais Senior Member • Posts: 1,531
Custom WB Issue Sony a7 III (for video)

So I use the custom WB along with an X-Rite Colorchecker and my skin tones are very magenta. At first, I thought it was the LUT I was using, but I went ahead and checked the RGB parade and vectorscope on my Shogun Inferno and the colors are indeed magenta/red, in fact the red channel is clipping or nearly so. On the other hand, in FCP X, the scopes don't look nearly as terrible. For lighting, I am using a Lishuai C-1500 RSV, a rather large LED light with a decent CRI rating of around 93, though we know that doesn't mean it doesn't have a magenta peak. Not really sure! Anyhow, what's unusual is that even though I have the LED set to daylight (5600K), my Sony continually registers 5000K when doing a WB. I'm attaching photos showing the settings on the LED, the X-Rite WB target and the back of the camera, along with screen grabs from the NLE. Is it just my natural skin tones? LOL Any help would be appreciated!

Cine2, SOOC

Cine2 with corrective LUT applied.

Cine2 with LUT applied, boosted saturation and pulled down shadows.

Lishuai C-1500RSV settings.

X-Rite Colorchecker.

Sony a7 III Custom WB

After setting WB.

-- hide signature --
ANSWER:
Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow