Quick switch between eye focus an single point focus

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Plurikus New Member • Posts: 17
Quick switch between eye focus an single point focus

Using eye detecting focus works fine (well, at least rather good when you are to track one person, perhaps it even works when there are two people standing on about the same distance.

But I often take photos when there are a lot of people in the room mingling around. Then the face recognition system finds person all over the place and on different distances. Usually not on the person that I have in mind to take a picture of. On the back screen I can tap to hint the face recognition program what person that shall be i focus, but when I look thru the viewfinder it's much harder. Fiddling around with the joystick or using the multi selector isn't practical.

I would rather like to be able to make a quick switch between face recognition /eye detection and single point focus. I press Fn1 and get singel point focus and when I release the Fn1 button it returns to eye focus detection, now on the person I want to be i focus.

I have not found any way to dedicate the Fn1 button for that purpose. What do you think about such a function? Perhaps a suggestion to Nikon?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow