Following in another photographer's footsteps

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BryceM
BryceM Senior Member • Posts: 1,495
Following in another photographer's footsteps

Two years ago, I found a salvageable 1949 Leica "Parvo II" slide projector in a thrift store for $20. Back home, on closer Inspection, I found there was still a single grimy old slide in the machine

Out of curiosity, I scanned it and liked it because Mount Rainier is one of my favorite places on Earth.

And then today, I found myself in Tacoma with some time on my hands and my new Fujicron 50mm/f2 in my bag, and was pleased to see that not only was the bridge nearly unchanged, but I was able to easily locate the *exact* spot from which the picture was taken back in the 50s or 60s! I cropped the Fuji 75mm image to more closely match the orginal's 85mm and it turned out nice - If only I'd had his weather and the mountain had been out today!

After some rewiring, heatshield fabrication, and careful restoration, the old Parvo has been restored to its' original 1949 grandeur

-- hide signature --

- International Man of Mystery

BryceM's gear list:BryceM's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +37 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow