Do-it-all camera backpack

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
OP gurraglaa New Member • Posts: 18
Re: Do-it-all camera backpack

JimResnikoff wrote:

gurraglaa wrote:

Robert111 wrote:

Don’t overlook Mindshift’s Trailscape 18L. I configure the dividers so that camera gear is in the bottom 1/2 to 2/3 of the bag and the area above is for personal items. Very light, fits easily under seat when flying, carries well, and has two large sturdy side pockets for water bottles.

Thanks for sharing, but these bags will not work for me. I have a 15" laptop and these backpacks can only fit a 13" as far as I can tell. Otherwise they look quite interesting I'd say. They are not for be however.

I have the 450 and a 15 inch laptop.. It does fit.

https://www.lowepro.com/us-en/pro-trekker-450-aw-lp36775-pww/

I was referring to the Mindshift’s Trailscape 18L when I said that a 15" won't fit. In the trekker 450 I'm sure it will as well.

Chris 222 wrote:

Nice post, and thanks for the kind words. Not a setup that would work for hiking, I agree, but for all those other scenarii you've picked some solid, quality equipment and shared some very useful details.

That PET bottle insert should work but it looks like the water bottle pocket is removable. Have you considered fastening it to your right shoulder strap instead?

Thank you too for sharing you and your friends experience in your post! The bottle holder is removable, yes. I have not tried to put it on the shoulder strap yet. It hadn't crossed my mind actually. I will have to try that tomorrow when I plan to go out for a walk near a lake, where I saw a beaver last weekend. I did try to put it on the hip-belt, but it interfered with my arm when I was walking.

gurraglaa's gear list:gurraglaa's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow