Talk me out of this deal!

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jhorse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,391
Talk me out of this deal!

Hi, I have a 16-80 on pre-order to replace my 18-55 (used on a XT3), because for general photography and hiking I wanted additional focal range and WR.  However, I have put it on hold due to the issues this new lens is having. The new firmware may have solved them, but I am, or rather was, content to wait and see.

I made the mistake of going into my local London Camera Exchange this afternoon for a browse and saw the 16-55/f2.8 with an astonishing deal. £1000 - £360 double cashback (which expires close tomorrow 17 November) and £200 trade-in for my 18-55 (which fortunately I did not have on my person!). A net cost of £440.  Alternatively, the 16-80 (£770 - too new for any discount), less £200 trade-in would be a net cost of £570 - £130 more that the 16-55.

Yes, the 16-55 is a tad larger and heavier than the 16-80 for hiking and less telephoto, but by all accounts it is a stellar lens.  Your challenge is to talk me out of getting it!

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm XQ2 Sony RX100 IV Nikon D40 Fujifilm X-E3 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow