M6II Battery "Bug"

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Noogy
Noogy Senior Member • Posts: 2,873
M6II Battery "Bug"

I was shooting at high speed tracking priority mode earlier today. After roughly two minutes of continuous shooting, my battery that was on full bar before I started to shoot simply died, with the battery icon showing empty in red. The screen said charge the battery. I turned off the camera then powered it up again after about 3-5 seconds. It came back on with the battery showing two bars. I went back to shooting on the same mode and it kept firing like nothing happened.

Was using the EFM28mm and 32mm. This is the second time it occurred, on two different batteries. I use only original Canon batteries. Temperature in my location was around 28 degrees Celsius. First time it happened, the temp was probably two degrees lower.

Any one else with a similar experience? Never happened to me before with either the M5 or the M6.

-- hide signature --

"Photography is therapeutic."
https://500px.com/joshcruzphotos

Noogy's gear list:Noogy's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +10 more
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow