Fujifilm GFX 100 / Sony A7R IV / Sigma sd Quattro / Sony A6000

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Manzur Fahim
Manzur Fahim Senior Member • Posts: 2,346
Fujifilm GFX 100 / Sony A7R IV / Sigma sd Quattro / Sony A6000

Hello everyone,

Following the other GFX 100 and A7R thread, I wanted to see how GFX 100 with 63mm F2.8 fares when compared with the Sony A7R IV + Sony 50mm F1.4 lens. And while doing that, I thought I might as well throw in two other cameras who has somewhat close equivalent focal length. So here they go:

With the F/1.4 lenses I kept the aperture at F/4, and with the F/2.8 lens, I kept the aperture at F/5.6 (Thanks Jim for suggesting F/5.6 for 63mm and F/4.0 for the 50mm, and I just kept the APS-C ones at F/4.0)

Gears used:

Fuji GFX 100 + Fuji GF63mm F/2.8 R WR (49.77mm equiv.)

Sony A7R IV + Sony Planar T* FE 50mm F/1.4 ZA (50mm equiv.)

Sigma SD Quattro + Sigma 30mm F/1.4 DC Art (45mm equiv.)

Sony A6000 + Sony Distagon T* FE 35mm F/1.4 ZA (52.5 equiv.)

Should've thrown the Sigma DP2 Merrill into the mix, but I completely forgot I have that

1 shot from GFX, 1 from A7R (One of the set also has a pixel shift shot), 2 shot from Sigma (normal and S-Hi), 1 shot from A6000.

Full sized images are available for download and pixel-peep here:

https://www.mf-photography.com/Others/Non-scientific-test/

Not sure how accurate this is, and I don't have a tripod so I put the cameras on top of the wall, made sure the sensor sign on all cameras are aligned and hoped for the best. So you know: 1000% error free 🤣

Have fun everyone

Manzur Fahim's gear list:Manzur Fahim's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100 Sony a7R IV Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 Sigma DP2 Merrill +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow