Maybe it's the economy? Locked

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
maljo@inreach.com Veteran Member • Posts: 7,770
Maybe it's the economy?

I read today that 70% of American households are struggling financially.  The stock market is going up but middle class income is going down.

Yes, the wealthy and upper middle class are doing well, but the rest of the middle class is slowly sinking.

I can accept that cell phones have replaced point and shoots for all practical purposes.  I use my iPhone for photography often enough.

The prevailing narrative is that the newer high end cameras don't offer enough excitement or new features to get us to buy.  Our current DSLR is good enough.

I find the mirrorless cameras offer some nice advantages (accurate focus, focus points all over the sensor, silent shooting, very sharp new lenses, face/eye focus, no focus calibration).

Perhaps it's not boring new cameras, maybe the economy is just not that strong.  TV sales and motorhome sales are declining also.  When money gets tight, we prioritize.  If so, we should throw a little less blame at the camera industry.

maljo

Z7 + 24-70/4 zoom at f11:

maljo@inreach.com's gear list:maljo@inreach.com's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Nikon D500 Nikon D850
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow