An OH WOW!! Photo I found from two plus years ago

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Wafflebird
Wafflebird Forum Member • Posts: 95
An OH WOW!! Photo I found from two plus years ago

So I have a QNAP server that I keep all my photos on. In my job I have the privilege of taking my customers on our company boat to fish in the Florida Keys. So in looking in my folders trying to pick out some pictures to print and put on the wall of the house (Of our catches) I came across this picture. I remember taking it and looking at the back of the camera at the time and thought "Oh Wow that came out great".

The weekend trips are long and a lot of times by the time I get home on Sunday it is the whole "Unload from the trip, put all the stuff away, get the clothes in the wash and then dump the pictures in the server". Sometimes the file transfer can even be a few days later. So when I found this a few weeks ago I was once again excited.

This was taken as we were heading out to fish early in the morning. A lot of times, weather dependent, we get to see the sunrise over the ocean, which for me is special. I am from Western NC but have always loved the ocean. I am an avid scuba diver and fisherman. The sunrise over the ocean out in open water is not something everyone gets a chance to see and I am thankful each time I am able to do so. I remember seeing the boat coming up and thought "Oh man" and snapped just a few pictures. With our boat moving the sun was only going to be in the right spot briefly. I was lucky enough to "Nail" it.

I have since left "Canon Land" but I loved by my 50D, 7D and 7D Mark II. This one was captured with the 7D Mark II and the venerable 28-135 at 135. I know it is not a "Perfect" picture as there are are the "Rules" with foreground etc. but hey this was from a moving boat.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment or share a similar photo that you maybe found much after you took it.

Sometimes the Stars (Literally), get it the sun IS a STAR align and we get that shot!!

-
My saying on pictures;
"If you don't take them you won't have them"

Wafflebird's gear list:Wafflebird's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E ED +1 more
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow