Which carry option do you prefer?

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AaronX Senior Member • Posts: 1,231
Which carry option do you prefer?

I find I prefer the size and weight of small primes, but I also dislike lens change as it increases the risk of having dust on the sensor, and you may lose photo opportunities if you have the wrong focal length on the camera. I have been oscillating between two options below to avoid lens change. If I take a zoom, it's heavy in the hand and around the neck, but my camera bag is empty. If I take two bodies and primes, at any time it's lighter in the hand and around the neck as the other body plus lens is in the shoulder bag, but, the total weight of the kit that I carry is higher. Which would you prefer and why? (This is primarily from a street photography/travel photography perspective.)

POLL
Shooting with a zoom lens and leave the camera bag empty. it's heavy in the hand and around the neck, but my camera bag is empty.
48.5% 16  votes
Take two bodies and two primes, at any time it's lighter in the hand and around the neck as the other body plus lens is in the shoulder bag, but the total weight is higher.
51.5% 17  votes
  Show results
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow