Getting Into Film

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FallenLeaf Photography
FallenLeaf Photography Regular Member • Posts: 435
Getting Into Film

Greetings all,

I've been wanting to start playing a bit with film for street work and as an add on to some portrait work I'm doing, hopefully finding a body which has a bit more of a contrasty feel to it in general as tends to go well for a lot of classic street work and fits my portrait style more.  I have a Canon Elan which has a lot of bells and whistles compared to older film cameras, but it's larger than I'd want for street work and I expect it to have the single roll of film that's in it stay there for probably 2-3 years for a current very slow burn project (if the film starts getting weird throughout that time, I'll probably like it even more).  
I'm hoping for suggestions for camera models to consider which can be grabbed on ebay for maybe $50 and under which are more mirrorless to point and shoot size which are on the more contrasty side, and have a good lens option for some depth of field control.  I just lost an auction for an Olympus OM-1 with a 50mm 1.8 that I'm a bit miffed about, and was hoping for input from the community for options that fit what I'm looking for before I cast my net again.  I'm not worried about the particular format, as long as I can find the parts (such as batteries) I need, it can be purchased inexpensively, and is a decently small setup.  I had a fantastic canon FD 50mm 1.4 lens but gave it away recently to a friend, so have no particular brand aim at this point.

Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

FallenLeaf Photography's gear list:FallenLeaf Photography's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow