"Beauty of the Earth" top 25 images

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
mreynolds767
mreynolds767 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,141
Re: "Beauty of the Earth" top 25 images

tarakanchik wrote:

Thanks for the link. I regularly peruse the internet (mostly 500 px) for inspiration/locations and was excited about your post, until I saw the pictures... These, imo, were rather pedestrian (with few exceptions) and overall disappointing. I didn't delve into the voting/submission process but something doesn't seem right here (though I don't dismiss the possibility of these being the best of the submissions). Long story short, nothing here I haven't seen before, just my impression.

The article is linking photos which were posted on a website called Gurushots for a contest and vote they had I am guessing.  Gurushots likely does not get as many submissions as a site like 500px, Instagram, Flickr, etc...

Like any contest I am sure the system can be gamed for a better score as well.

While I think there are some excellent images on the link ; a monthly top ranking of 500px will result in better imagery most months ; though there are of course ways to game the system on that website as well and like everything else these photo contests and scores on 500px are usually just popularity contests.

-- hide signature --
 mreynolds767's gear list:mreynolds767's gear list
Sony a7R II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow