Warning: Do not use BH Photo line of credit Locked

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner Forum Pro • Posts: 20,573
Warning: Do not use BH Photo line of credit

I'll summarize the fiasco that has been my use of BH Photo line of credit to order a camera with them:

1) Ordered a camera, asked for it to be shipped to me on Hawaii during a trip so I could use it for a few planned shots there.  Opted to use new BH Photo line of credit with promotional terms.

2) Item was to be held at a FedEx facility in Kona, when I went to pick it up I found that BH Photo had demanded the shipment be returned, saying the account had been marked for fraud.  Even though package was on-island, FedEx would not let me collect.

3) Called BH Photo credit, they said there was never any indication of fraud, nor had they told BH Photo there was fraud.

4) A week later, I owe the BHPhoto credit line over $2k, for a camera which BH Photo tells be they received on the 11th of November, but cannot issue a refund again because of the supposed "fraud".

So basically, I would beware using the BH Photo line of credit for anything because it seems they have wires crossed somewhere about communicating fraud between bank and BH Photo.

I'm going to try to clear this up one more time Monday (have called them repeatedly with no luck so far), but it's really looking like I'm going to have to tell BH Photo's own bank that BH Photo has fraudulently charged me, which strikes me as particularly insane!

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow