My GH5 seems like it just got shot down

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alex Ethridge
Alex Ethridge Veteran Member • Posts: 4,464
My GH5 seems like it just got shot down

Mulling over a change to a camera that has real-time tracking, especially real-time eye tracking, I have been looking at the Sony A6xxx series and the A7 III.  To this point in my digital photography life (which started in earnest only in about 2016), I have ignored Sony for its high prices as I think much of that price is in the name.

Well, it seems they have the best tracking of any brand and I like the A6500 and A6600 and I saw this video on YouTube and it appears my GH5 just got blown out of the water by the A6600.  Seriously, it appears the difference is vast.

Of course, this is just one video and that doesn't establish a consensus and there are no other videos I can find that directly compare the focus tracking between the GH5 and A6600.

Comments?

Alex Ethridge's gear list:Alex Ethridge's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic GH5 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +8 more
Panasonic GH5 Sony a6500 Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow