ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AaronX Senior Member • Posts: 1,230
What's the real size/weight saving of X-Tx0 vs X-Tx

According to B&H:

X-T20, X-T30: 383g

X-T2: 507g

X-T3: 539g

I have both X-T20 and X-T2, with the T20 bought as a smaller companion to the bigger brother to be more easily portable. However, I soon found that the naked X-T20 was unbalanced with anything bigger than (and including) the 18-55 (it was perfect with the smaller primes though), so I bought a leather half case which helped to increase the grip size.

I have recently been thinking in what situations the smaller size/weight of the X-Tx0 would have a real advantage? The weight difference is minimal. The size difference is visible, but only when you look at them side by side---if you put them in the camera bag, there really is no practical difference regarding the space they occupy.

In the extreme case, you can attach the 18 or 27 pancake on the X-Tx0 and put the combo in a large jacket pocket, but it's still not as comfortable as a point and shoot, and often the X-Tx with a pancake would just fit fine in the same jacket pocket. And, really how often do you carry such cameras in a pocket?

Many people regard the X-Tx0 as being too small so they add a grip (usually weighing over 100g) to it. That further negates the size/weight advantage. There is no perceptible weight difference between my X-T20 with half case and my X-T2. The height becomes the same after the half case/grip. The only difference is that the X-T20 is still somewhat narrower.

So it seems there is not much practical size/weight advantage of the X-Tx0 vs X-Tx. What has been your experience?

Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow