Jupiter 11 m39 on a canon 600d

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Djkato New Member • Posts: 4
Jupiter 11 m39 on a canon 600d

Hello,

I've been bashing my head for months trying to find a solution to my problem. I bought this m39 135mm 4f Jupiter 11 (юпитер 11) and also a reduction for the canons mount. It all fits in, but once I try to take a photo an immediate issue occurs. I can not focus past 3 meters and closer than 1m. With a 135mm you can imagine what kind of pictures that results in. Can't even fit a full face onto the picture.

I've asked my friend who is a pro at old Russian equipment, and he says that the glass is too far from the chip, yet you can't get it any closer or else it'll block the mirrors movements. I don't know what to do. He suggested me to get the glass moved into another body, but that wouldn't work for me as I rather don't have the lens taken apart. The glass is beautiful, no scratches at all and no dust pieces. Perfect piece of glass which I'd rather not risk damaging.

I've already written this on this forum but in the wrong section, and was reccomended to ask for help here. I'd like to ask for help with picking the correct adapter, as I never looked into those.

Thanks, djkato.

Ps:Here's the best photo it can take.

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow