What is Canon's equivalent to Panasonic's LX100?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 3,760
Re: What is Canon's equivalent to Panasonic's LX100?

Lacko wrote:

Jostian wrote:

I was very lucky I bought my G1X II as new (absolutely pristine) for around 250USD and then got a brand new DC2 EVF for 90USD so I really got a lovely setup for around 350USD, which is great. The G1X II is rather chunky and heavy

Sure it was very good deal. Congratulations.

But - because of my eyes I can use only EVF, no screen. For some years I had small Olympus XZ-1 compact camera which with attached VF-2 EVF and eyecup was bigger than my mirrorless Olympus. Therefore it was left at home since I bought that mirrorless camera. And now, when I was looking for a new compact, built-in (good) EVF was a must. For me, only G5X and G1X III were options to choose from. And then, of course, to find affordable price.

Just to say that the EVF-DC2 viewfinder that I use on the G1x II is as good as any out there, its very good quality, 2.36 million resolution, OLED, auto eye sensor etc. so dont think you miss out on anything.

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow