Do you see scratches in these images?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jasonfodor New Member • Posts: 13
Do you see scratches in these images?

Do you see any scratches on these images? I think I do but don't want to give it away.

f16

f22

f32

Camera has a scratched image sensor, dad had a shop try to clean the sensor but the scratches remained. Shop sent it to Nikon who said $300 estimate and my dad approved it.

Nikon then changed it to $500 estimate and my dad declined.

Was given a camera by my dad mostly to sell and buy my own camera.  But I sent it to Nikon (didn't know it was sent to them before), as the pass go collect $200 pattern continues, they bumped the price to $700+ now.  When asked why the price differences they said they couldn't comment on pass repairs even though they have copies of all estimates🙄

Was told scratches only appear at f16 and up, which might be a good thing since it's rare to shoot at those focal lengths.  Asked Nikon for pics of images with scratches (see above)

After they sent the images they said they couldn't "duplicate" their previous response i.e. they couldn't find any scratches.  And the camera is being sent back with "no errors found".

LOL.  So after a month if I learned anything, it's don't listen to Nikon.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow