Did I make a mistake with the Z6?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
walkie New Member • Posts: 3
Did I make a mistake with the Z6?

I've been looking for an upgrade for my Canon M50. I wanted higher FPS and a usable 4k.

I really researched* my options in the ~£2k range and the usual suspects turned up. Sony A7iii, Panasonic GH5 etc, but I really started to get impressed with the Z6. I'd list the reasons why but you guys are on board already...

One of the things that really excited me was shooting LOG so I can grade it. I've been using a 'Cineflat' download on my M50 with good effect and dropping LUTS on that. Many of the reviews I've read / watched on the Z6 praised it's LOG settings etc and in re-reading them none of them mentioned you needed an external recorder!

It's only since owning it that I realise there's no internal LOG, something even the A6400 does. So I am left with their picture profiles settings which in my limited experience are upgradable with LUTS (please correct me if I am wrong)

Don't get me wrong the Ninja V is a fine piece of equipment, but I've just forked out for the camera, Ronin SC, £200 XQD card..... So it's off the table for a little bit

Should I have just gone with the Sony? What's the flattest most gradeable settings? I am away of the EOS fake log but seen complaints of lack of sharpness

*I appreciate any responses that say 'well you didn't research it that much then did you' lol

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Nikon Z6 Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow