External Flash Gun Poor Performance Issues

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 4,111
External Flash Gun Poor Performance Issues

Is there a real high performance flash gun out there that would work flawlessly on my XT1 bodies?

In the past I had a Nissin i40 and the i60 and from what I recall the i40 was not very responsive so I upgraded to the i60 but then I remember having issues with the bottom part of the flash gun shoe when sometimes the flash would not fire because it was not centered/mounted properly on the camera. I sold the i60 as well.

Then I purchased Cactus flash guns and they fit kind of big on the XT1 shoe to the point where the very bottom of the metal shoe sticks out a bit.

Then I purchased a very light and compact MK320 and this flash gun also has trouble coming off and it does not slide out in a very easy smooth way like my SB600 and SB700 flash guns on my D4.

Because I have been wiggling all these flash guns so much trying to remove it from my XT1 the very top plate is opening up now and there is a big gap in the front as you can see below.

I have started doing a lot more portrait work and every time I pick up my Fuji and need to shoot with flash my darn XT1 never works or has really unreliable flash operation/capability during my photoshoots and I have looked very bad in front of the customer.

Is it just me or am I the only dude that has had problems with super unreliable flash capability with Fuji cameras?

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow