Slide Show / Projection Software

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
evetsf Senior Member • Posts: 1,111
Slide Show / Projection Software

Not exactly the subject usually discussed here, but this is the closest forum...

I've been asked to take over duties as projectionist for my camera club, as the current person is retiring from the position. This also means that the software used for this task is retiring too, as it's a special proprietary application that he developed himself and he has deemed it not suitable for others to use without extensive debugging & documentation, which is not going to happen :-(.

So I'm looking for a replacement. It really doesn't have to be fancy, but does need to be capable of these things:

1. Run full-screen on a Windows platform;

2. Advance to the next image only when instructed to (automatically advancing after xx seconds is not desirable);

3. Controlled by keyboard commands;

4. Have a keyboard-controlled toggle to show/hide the EXIF information in each image;

5. Allow me to select which EXIF data is displayed (Image name, Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO, Exposure Comp).

Any candidates? Freeware/Open Source would be a plus, but the club would probably be willing to purchase the app if needed.

Thanks, Steve

evetsf's gear list:evetsf's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow