a7R III normal battery depletion ?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mike - Contributing Member • Posts: 959
a7R III normal battery depletion ?

My new a7R III battery seems to loose its power faster than other cameras that I have, is this normal ?'

From about an 80% full battery, one week later, it's dropped 18% with no use. Yes the battery has been in the camera. I normally leave the battery's in all of my cameras, a7R II, a6300, 5D IV, 6D, D810 with very little drop in available power.

The airplane mode is on, power switch is off. Do I look forward to a short battery life tomorrow (all day shooting) ? I was under the impression there was no power drain with the power switch off other than normal parasitic/leakage losses, and this new battery is supposed to last much longer than the old 50 series batterys.

Or do I just have maybe a weak battery ? After all, the camera had been sitting on the shelf a long time before I bought it. Yes, I did allow a full charge before I installed in into my camera.

Mike

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 6D Nikon D810 Sony a6300 Sony a7R II Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow