Samsung camera app and Android 9

Started Jun 10, 2019 | Discussions thread
MikeDPR Regular Member • Posts: 235
Re: Samsung camera app and Android 9

markyboy81 wrote:

It's always been a bit iffy it terms of them saying it wasn't compatible but after trying a few things it always seemed to work in the end.

Sorry I'm a bit vague as I can't remember exactly how ingot it to work but I may have downloaded an older version of the service app and then I was prompted to update it and it worked. I'm not 100% though as it was a few months ago.

Is it the service app that is required to make it work? I don't appear to have that installed. I have the Samsung accessory app installed and it's on 3.1.93.91106. it's telling me that this was downloaded from the play store.

There's an auxiliary app called Samsung Accessory Service that is required by Samsung Camera Manager. After I uninstalled the Service app, launching Samsung Camera Manager prompts me to install the Service app but its installation fails due to OS incompatibility.

According to Google Play store, the latest Samsung Accessory Service app is version 3.1.93.91106.

MikeDPR's gear list:MikeDPR's gear list
Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow