what would the ideal M standard zoom be

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davev8
davev8 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,595
what would the ideal M standard zoom be

Well we would all like a 8mm to 800 F0.95 IS macro...with built in 2x multiplier ......pancake lens ....retractable in to the lens cap

but joking aside many would like a faster or better M standard zoom  than the 15-45 f3.5-6.3 or the 18-55 3.5-5.6 .. and now with the 3 Sigma primes the standard zoom is the most laking bit now . but at least it do seem the latest 15-45 have better quality control

the only real enviable standard zoom in the APS-c  world  that still keeps it on the compact ish side  and is optically good is the fuji  18-55F2.8-F4 and lets remember the point of the M is compact ...otherwise you may as well have R mount

Me i would find a 22-85 F3.5-4.5 IS  which is FF eqiv to  approx 35mm to 135mm

I think its a very good compromise  all round ....it possible it should  have very good IQ at only a 3.8X zoom  the zoom range follows on from the 11-22  and F4.5 should not make it to big but at 85mm some OOF background should be in order

so what would your standard zoom be

-- hide signature --

Attention Dislexsic i mean dyslexic person... This post will have many although spell checked, spelling and grammatical errs ..its The best its going get so no need to tell me its bad i know it is .....................................................................................................
My 5D IS a MK1 classic
..........................................................................................................
There is no argument for FF vs APS-c (or m43) with shallow DOF..as it's a law of physics and a very subjective personal thing if you want to make use of the shallow DOF only FF can offer
...........................................................................................................
Political correctness....somebody being offended on someone else's behalf....who that someone doesn't give a damn in the first place ....David Appleton.
.....................................................................................................
If you wait for a camera that will  tick all your boxes ....by then you will have more boxes to tick..... so the wait continues .....David Appleton
..................................................................................................
quoting irrefutable facts may get you branded a racist ..even if no race is involved .......David Appleton
.....................................................................................................

davev8's gear list:davev8's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 5D Nikon D70s Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Canon EOS M5 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow