EVF Resolution

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
VK60 New Member • Posts: 1
EVF Resolution

I was in a Saturn/Media market (Germany) last weekend and got stuck in the photography department. I picked up a couple of cameras and played around. I noticed the good quality of the viewfinder (EVF) on the 'Canon EOS R'. Almost like an optical viewfinder! I made comparisons with a Fujifilm X-T30. What a huge difference in the viewfinder quality! At home, I looked at DPReview. Actually, there are obviously only three different resolutions on EVFs at present: 2.36 / 3.69 and 5.76 Mega Dots (I'll call this unit 'MD'). The 2.36 MD I think is absolutely out of the question. Also the EVF of the Sony RX100 VII has this resolution. As nice as the little Sony is, but the viewfinder is a weak point.

Let's wait. I hope that gradually the 3.69 MD resolution will also be installed in cameras < 2000 euros.

Unfortunately, I had no opportunity to inspect a 5.67 MD camera. Maybe at my next stop at an S/M market.

-- hide signature --

If you fix a sharp high-contrast straight line with the 'Canon EOS R' and rotate the camera around the lens axis, the pixel steps in the viewfinder become noticeable. For (or against) this effect, there is actually anti-aliasing. But with an EVF?

---

EVFs of a few cameras:

2.36 MD (Sony RX100 VII, Canon M6 II, Canon EOS RP, Fujifilm X-T30)

3.69 MD (Fujifilm X-H1, Nikon Z7, Canon EOS R)

5.76 MD (Sony a7R IV)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow