Sadhu in Varanasi images - 56/1.2 & 35/1.4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
b0k3h Contributing Member • Posts: 514
Re: with Money

deednets wrote:

b0k3h wrote:

Justin9999 wrote:

I wish I could talk with about how you go about getting permission to take pictures. I travel to Asia about 3 times a year, and I’m always too anxious to actually ask for someone’s picture. I’m an Engineer and I have the stereotypical poor social skills that come with the territory.

At any rate, I hope you are somebody’s mentor.

when I was in India and Nepal, all the sadhus i saw were clearly photography fodder and happy to pose for the passing tourists for money.

Sadhu live on donations only. I guess it depends on how you perceive the world. Those people in my shots didn't approach me.

But think that what he meant wasn't how to approach willing models 😎

i didnt see or say that they approached people, but anyone snapping a picture in their direction, they surely stuck an open palm out.  and most everyone understood the exchange and complied.

the ones around the touristed temple areas, i saw posted and choreographed by tourist-photographers (as in a 10 minute session of gesturing of 'sit here - look there').  it got farcical at the end.

so back to the guys question and worry about "how to get permission', the answer in this case is that its a simple dialogue, non-verbal even.  tit-for-tat and brusque

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow