Do You Have Aspirations Of Opening Your Own Bricks & Mortar Gallery?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ken Smith Contributing Member • Posts: 545
Do You Have Aspirations Of Opening Your Own Bricks & Mortar Gallery?

I am looking for feedback from my fellow professionals and advanced amateurs.

I am in the process of retiring and closing my fine art/landscape photography gallery which I have operated for close to 20 years.

I am curious to know how many of you have had thoughts / dreams of selling your work out of your own gallery?

The reason for my question is that there is a mountain of information required to start and run a successful gallery and I have been thinking about writing a book once I retire to share what I have learned over the last 2 decades.

This information would focus (no pun intended:-) on starting and operating a physical photography gallery. However, before investing months of my time into this, I'd like to at least get a sense if there is any interest in this.

I do acknowledge that there are very very few of us who have taken this major step in our careers and my gut feeling is that there will be very little interest in this, but I could be wrong.

All I need to know is if this type of information would be of interest to you. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sincere thanks in advance for any input.

-- hide signature --

Kenneth Lane Smith

Ken Smith's gear list:Ken Smith's gear list
Pentax K-3 II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow