Sadhu in Varanasi images - 56/1.2 & 35/1.4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ggweci Regular Member • Posts: 222
Re: Fuji vs SONY

deednets wrote:

ggweci wrote:

deednets wrote:

Now regarding "gear": I took an X-T3 plus the 35/1.4 and the 56/1.2 plus the RX1RII with me that day. I could have gotten away with just those 2 lenses, but thought I would also take the RX1 as it provided me with 35mm/FF. Since the 23/1.4 I also own wouldn't have saved much weight over the RX1 I left it at home.

C&C as always welcome.

Deed

Excellent images Deed!

Regarding the gear, how would you compare the XT3 vs the RX1 in terms of usability and image quality? Obviously the Fuji will operate much quicker, but outside of that, which is more enjoyable to use and which provides better results in your hands?

Ah, yes now that's an interesting question. The RX1 is incredibly unobtrusive, I also used the camera when I shot people in Varanasi. One Sadhu looked at my camera and laughed, non-offensive laugh, pointing at my RX1 and I looked at him with the same upsetnessness I put on when I bargain for cheap fruit at the local market and said: "What????" ...

He pointed to the camera and said only one word: toy!! I also laughed and said YES!!!!

I love it when it is being considered a toy. Size certainly matters to some!

As far as using the 2 cameras go, I prefer Fuji (any) over the RX1. But there is a place for the RX1 so whenever I want to be completely liberated, I use the SONY. But then I could also take the X-T3 plus the 35/1.4 (NOT the 35/2 tried that and just not the same feel to the pics). But then I would grab the 56/1.2 as well ... and then take the RX1 on top of those ... going round in circles aye? The RX1RII runs at 43Mpx so has its merits.

Deed

Thanks for your thoughts. I currently shoot Sony FF, but definitely miss the experience of my prior Fuji’s.  I’m considering the RX1RII as a companion option that may provide a similar feeling (aperture ring, corner EVF, compact size).

ggweci's gear list:ggweci's gear list
Ricoh GR III Sony a7 II Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow