Little help needed with Sigma and Tamron lenses not giving AF on Z6

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Claire Dupuis Senior Member • Posts: 1,775
Little help needed with Sigma and Tamron lenses not giving AF on Z6

Hi guys,

upon all the fantastic feedback you all gave on the Z6, I decided to go ahead and rent one to test. The renting process was a nightmare to say the least (thanks UPS... NOT) but it's finally in my grubby little hands as of this morning. Lovely thing to hold, for sure.

My joy was short lived when I realized neither my Tamron 28-75 XR DI II nor my Sigma EX 70-200 HSM would AF. I'm not 100% sure the Tamron is the motorized version (although I do believe it is) but there is absolute certainty that at least the Sigma, having the HSM motor, should function. It does not. Just for comparison, my humble little Canon EOS M5 does AF with a similar lens in Canon mount.

Am forgetting to turn something on ? Is there a setting somewhere that I'm unaware of, that would make them work ?

Thanks for your help

Claire

-- hide signature --

'I guess if everybody went crazy together nobody would notice, what do you think ?'

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow