Any reason NOT to buy a Fujifilm XT-3 as a first camera?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
utterlybutterly New Member • Posts: 7
Any reason NOT to buy a Fujifilm XT-3 as a first camera?

OK, so it's expensive, and I get that, and I would have to save up some money to get it for xmas. A standard kit lense of XF 18-55mm + accessories

Aside from that, what initially prompted me to want an actual camera was that I wanted to start my own youtube channel and my phone's selfie camera is bad and sticking a mirror on the back of it doesn't equal the frame. I wanted to have high quality videos, even if it's mostly a talking head lol and 4k 60fps 10bit seems pretty future proof. Also, if I'm starting a youtube channel, there needs to be an accompanying Instagram etc so taking good quality pictures will also come in handy if social media presence grows.

I also had the (half-cocked?) idea that if I was going to buy an expensive camera, I'd obviously learn to use it well and maybe make the money back by offering amateur wedding photography at amateur prices. I hear there are a lot of cowboys out there and at least my pitch will be honest, I'll them straight up that I'll try my best but if they don't like it they shouldn't have cheaped out

I know nothing about cameras until I started researching into what I might want to buy, having only ever used auto mode on a smartphone.

The other 4k 60fps camera I found was the Panasonic GH5 (video) /G9 (photo). And a cheaper all rounder a Canon G7x MK III with 4k 30fps which was titled "ultimate vlogging phone" in some article I found. I'd maybe settle with 1080 60fps and good photos / external mic / hdmi monitor out top mount or 180 articulated selfie screen from older models but I don't know what.

So aside from the money, which I'd be looking to save by buying a grey import from HK, is there any reason not to get a Fujifilm XT-3 as someone's first camera? I don't think you can shorten the camera's life by being a noob and it seems like something I'd never need upgrading from for the rest of my life?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon G7 X III Canon PowerShot G7 X Fujifilm X-T3 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow