Sigma 56 and M6II tracking movement

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alastair Norcross Veteran Member • Posts: 6,967
Sigma 56 and M6II tracking movement

This was not exactly a torture test, but still encouraging. I was shooting some senior pictures of a friend's son this afternoon, for a favor. I shot all three bar and bat mitzvahs of her children. I'm not a pro, and don't ask her for money, but she's very pleased with the results. Anyway, we went to a local park for the senior pictures, and at one point I asked him to walk towards me along a path. I started shooting when he filled about half the frame (in portrait orientation), and stopped when he was about three feet away. I was shooting in low speed continuous (3fps). The focus immediately grabbed his face, and switched to eye focus about half way through the sequence. I shot 21 shots in succession (so, about 7 seconds shooting). Every one was in perfect focus. This was wide open at F1.4. Someone asked about speed of focus and suitability for moving subjects in one of the other threads I've posted about the Sigma 56. I'm pleased to report that for walking pace movement at least, it's plenty fast enough.

-- hide signature --

As the length of a thread approaches 150, the probability that someone will make the obvious "it's not the camera, it's the photographer" remark approaches 1.
Alastair
http://anorcross.smugmug.com
Equipment in profile

Alastair Norcross's gear list:Alastair Norcross's gear list
Canon G7 X II Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M6 II Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) +26 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow