Bridge 2020, Using Offline

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ron206 Forum Member • Posts: 53
Bridge 2020, Using Offline

I have Lightroom 6.14 and used to have Bridge 2018. I spend a lot of time in remote areas, on air planes and driving. Both applications happily work with no internet connection. I like Bridge since it allows me to control how my files are stored and saved as well as being faster and easier to use compared the Lightroom storage system.

Sadly, I upgraded to (FREE) Bridge 2020 (10.0.0.124) and can no longer work without an internet connection. To be more precise, without an occasional adobe log in, I'm not sure how often. I'm worried that I may need to do a log in at a time when I would not be able to get an internet connection for several days.

Is there a fix or did I just screw myself? Can I go back?

Over the years I've tried several cloud services and have always managed to get screwed in some way. Lost data, hijacked data, data not available when needed and maintenance windows. It just seems easier to buy bigger storage and always take every thing with you (as well as doing backups). The Adobe cloud system has no appeal and leaves me vulnerable to having no working applications in some remote area when I really do need to review and edit a few pics.    End of rant.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow